64 Teams. 5 Hosts. 1 Champ.
This isn’t your typical tourney but should be a lot of fun: play events at local start-ups in SF, lots of players and non-players hanging out, streaming March Madness games and free beer and refreshments!
- Each team must be composed of players from the same company, which must be either a start-up -or- a tech company. They are inclined to interpret this broadly, so if you’re at all unsure just ask them! For example, they had several teams from google last year, not a start up but still welcome.
- Tournament players of all levels are welcome!
- Teams will play in one of the four “regional” 16 team tournaments (3/14, 3/19, 3/21, 3/26), from which the top 4 teams from each play in the final tournament on 3/28.
- For those going to HoFC, you will still have a chance to play on 3/14 at ClearSlide or 3/26 at Spotify, Ben will be at ClearSlide this Thursday.
RULES & CONDITIONS:
- Single elimination, best of 3 games to 5 points.
- Each event will have Tornado tables of some type, most events will have at least one T3000 table. New foosballs, parts, etc. will be provided.
- Rules are more “bar style”, (no strict time limits, no wall limits, drops only, dead balls are dropped, etc.) – of course, no one will stop you from imposing tournament rules on yourself.
- Tournament players will be the only ones seeded, so you will not have to play another tournament player in an elimination game in the regionals.